The Matrox Rapixo CXP series supports data rates of either up to 6.25 Gbps (CXP-6) or up to 12.5 Gbps (CXP-12) per connection. The PCIe® host interface comfortably matches the maximum input bandwidth from the CoaXPress links. The CoaXPress links are accessed through high-density BNC connectors allowing for a homogenous interconnection with new cameras. Power-over-CoaXPress (PoCXP) support on each connection simplifies system configurations, combining the camera’s power interface with its command- and data-interface onto the same coaxial cable.
The Matrox Rapixo CXP series of frame grabbers feature one, two, or four connections for interfacing to independent cameras. Matrox Rapixo CXP Dual and Quad models can also handle higher data rates through connection aggregation. The Matrox Rapixo CXP series possesses sufficient onboard memory to buffer incoming image data in situations where the host computer is temporarily unable to accept data. The fanless design for select models ensures extended use without maintenance.
Matrox Rapixo CXP at a glance
- Support for the highest speeds available in CoaXPress 2.0
- Connect to and capture from up to four cameras or combine connections for even higher data rates
- Simplify cabling with PoCXP support between cameras and vision computer
- Offload host computer of custom image processing using a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) device
- Distribute image processing workload across multiple computers through data forwarding capability
- Synchronize with sensors, encoders, and controllers with ample auxiliary I/Os for each CoaXPress connections.
- Use license fingerprint for Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) X software and avoid the need for a separate hardware key
- Monitor and troubleshoot acquisition performance in detail using Matrox Gecho event-logging tool
Matrox Rapixo CXP Datasheet