Fully integrated: The new AI Vision Solution Kit with Cloud Connectivity
With the AI Vision Solution Kit, Basler now offers a fully integrated development kit with cloud connectivity. It allows to test AI-based IoT applications on an optimized vision system and to access cloud services. The cloud connectivity makes it easy to load or train neural networks, for example. The AI Vision Solution Kit reduces the complexity and need for expert knowledge of embedded hardware and software technology significantly. The system thus offers developers a new and efficient approach for rapid prototyping.
Cloud based ML applications made easy
- Fully integrated embedded vision system
- Prototyping of ML-based applications
- Simple use of AWS services
- Optimized image processing on the edge device
- Defined interface for transferring metadata to the cloud
- Supports and shortens the actual product development
- Long-term availability of all components
- NEW Basler dart BCON for MIPI camera with a resolution of 13 MP
- Processing: Due to its particularly powerful GPU, NVIDIA’s Jetson Nano enables simplified handling of complex AI tasks
|Embedded Vision Kit||daA4200-30mci-JNANO-NVDK-AIA|
|Processor||NVIDIA Jetson Nano|
|Interface||BCON for MIPI|
Our answer to the challenge of combining hard- and software components for new IoT vision systems
The Internet of Things (IoT) and the many options for product enhancement that it provides are no longer a new phenomenon. Yet, developers still face significant challenges when designing and implementing new, vision-based IoT tasks such as detecting objects or people.
First, they need to define all the components required for the system:
- Data acquisition: A data stream of images, generated by a camera;
- Data processing: Powerful hardware to process image data;
- Data analytics: A machine learning algorithm needed to perform the inference and
- Connectivity: Ability to use cloud services and send metadata to the cloud (data storage, analytics).
Next, all these parts must fit together and operate seamlessly. Again, this requires extensive expert knowledge. With its new AI Vision Solution Kit, Basler enables developers to move directly into developing their IoT vision system: all the necessary hardware and software components are integrated into a ready-to-use prototyping kit.